Johann Heinrich Schmelzer - Biography
Born c 1620/3, little is known about Johann Heinrich Schmelzer before 1649 when he became an employee at the Imperial Chapel in Vienna. Schmelzer remained in the service of the Imperial Court until 1680 when the Court evacuated to Prague to avoid the plague. Unfortunately, Schmelzer fell victim to the disease. Schmelzer's greatest contributions were to the development of the Sonata and Suite forms. His pupils include Heinrich Ignaz Franz Biber and Johann Jakob Walther.
Read more about Johann Heinrich Schmelzer on Last.fm.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Johann Heinrich Schmelzer top songs
- Sonata a 3, "Lanterly": Lanterly (Sonate a 3)
- Sacro-profanus concentus musicus: Sonata a 3, "Pastorale"
- Sonata natalis in D major
- Sacro-profanus concentus musicus: Sonata No. 5 a 6
- Sonata XIII
- Sacro-profanus concentus musicus: Sonata No. 4 a 6
- Harmonia a cinque con basso continuo in B-Flat Major
- Sonata con arie zu der kaiserlichen Serenada (1672)
- Duodena selectarum sonatarum: Sonatina No. 4 a 2
- Sacro-profanus concentus musicus: Sonata No. 8 a 5