Johann Heinrich Schmelzer - Biography
Born c 1620/3, little is known about Johann Heinrich Schmelzer before 1649 when he became an employee at the Imperial Chapel in Vienna. Schmelzer remained in the service of the Imperial Court until 1680 when the Court evacuated to Prague to avoid the plague. Unfortunately, Schmelzer fell victim to the disease. Schmelzer's greatest contributions were to the development of the Sonata and Suite forms. His pupils include Heinrich Ignaz Franz Biber and Johann Jakob Walther.
Read more about Johann Heinrich Schmelzer on Last.fm.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Johann Heinrich Schmelzer top songs
- Courante for the Entry of His Imperial Majesty and All the Cavalry
- Follia for New Entry of the Sprinter and Other Equestrian Manoeuvres
- Sarabande for the End of the Ballet
- Sonata a 3, "Lanterly": Lanterly (Sonate a 3)
- Sonata variata in D Minor
- Sonata XI in D minor
- Sonata "Lanterley" à tre
- Sonata natalis in D major
- Sonata II
- Sacro-profanus concentus musicus: Sonata No. 4 a 6