Lazarus - Biography
1) Lazarus began in 2001 as Trevor Montgomery's post-Tarentel solo project, a pilgrimage of either insanity or freedom - or both. 'Songs For an Unborn Sun' was his first release, a minimal and soulful collaboration with longtime friend Marty Anderson (Okay, Dilute). His second release, 'Like Trees We Grow up to be Satellites (The Backwards America)', punched through the whispering darkness into an orchestral declaration of strength, political upheaval, and hope. Recorded by Scott Solter (Okkervil River, The Mountain Goats), it was a playful and rich approach at expressing both failures and fortunes of life. Lazarus has now grown into a small ensemble, featuring Sacramento natives Kathryn Sechrist and Kelly Nyland, exloring overwhelmingly beautiful depths with dense layers of drums, keyboards, acoustic and electric guitars, glockenspiel, and Trevor's shamanistic, gospel-inspired vocals. Lazarus has become a brilliant, soulful, psychedelic experience of experimental and political grace. At last, this pilgrimage has found a solid road to freedom.
2) Lazarus is also a Detroit rapper whose debut album 'Chapter One: The Prince Who Would Be King' was released in 2007. Lazarus speaks on what he sees in his life in the realest, most creative and passionate way that it can be delivered: through wordplay, vocabulary, and vast amounts of emotion. Lazarus comes off as versatile in his range of rap styles, the way he shifts from calm to hard to lyrical, and then from slow-paced to fast.
3) Lazarus is also a Kenosha, Wisconsin based thrash metal band. They have since changed their name to LaZarus A.D. to avoid confusion. In late 2007 they unleashed their debut album 'The Onslaught.' THRASH OR DIE!
4) Lazarus is a currently inactive Latvian hard rock/heavy metal band from Rīga, Latvia formed in year 2006.
Anitra Lēmane - vocals;
Juris Ķēniņš - guitar, formerly vocals (currently Totenkopf);
Liene Veidemane - bass;
Krišjānis Gerics - drums, formerly vocals (currently Totenkopf).
Henrijs Verze - bass guitar, vocals (currently Totenkopf)
5) Lazarus is also the name of a, most likely short-lived, Dutch lo-fi thrash metal band, which released a demo entitled Fearful World in 1991.
6) Lazarus Sin- Band from Eugen Oregon-Heavy Metal , They had changed there name to Lazarus and then changed it back to Lazarus Sin. They have 2 albums released- Intracranial Mass 1988 and Open Up My Mind Up My Mind.
7) Lazarus from San Francisco is a "Space Folk" group. Read reviews of _Hawk Medicine_ here: http://pitchfork.com/reviews/albums/11307-hawk-medicine/ and http://temporaryresidence.com/descriptions/trr124.php
8) Lazarus is a Christian metal band from the 1980s. Read more on Last.fm. User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License; additional terms may apply.
Lazarus top songs
- Warmth Of Your Eyes
- Enemy and I
- Last Breath
- Singing To The Thieves
- Thou Shall Not Fear
- Damnation for the Weak
- Every Word Unheard
- The Onslaught Pt. 1 - Revolution
- Absolute Power
- Enemy & I