Lord Executor - Biography
By the 1930s, calypso singers were no longer simply chantwells for masquerade bands. Now known as "calypsonians," they had independent careers, performing in tents, movie theaters and other venues during the Carnival season. Since the turn of the century, calypso performers had given themselves unique sobriquets. Among the best-known artists of the 1930s were Lord Executor, Atilla the Hun, the Roaring Lion and the Growling Tiger. Such names expressed the calypsonians' sense of grandeur and the forcefulness with which they competed in song.
Read more about Lord Executor on Last.fm.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Lord Executor top songs
- Christmas Is a Joyful Day
- Seven Skeletons Found in the Yard
- We Mourn The Loss Of Sir Murchison Fletcher
- How I Spent My Time at the Hospital
- Poppy Day
- Three Friends' Advice
- The Lajobless
- The Lajabeless Woman
- They Talk About Nora's Badness
- lord executor - seven skeletons found in the yard